5 Fail-Safe Methods for the Expectant Father to Survive Her Pregnancy!
We all know the phrase, “What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.” I suspect the fathers-to-be out there are suddenly getting a crash course in this reality. Don’t worry guys, we’re here to help you get through this pregnancy with your manhood intact!
First things first, we women are extra sensitive during pregnancy. We cry, we argue, we cry, we laugh, and then we cry again. We experience every possible emotion all at once, and no matter how good we look or feel we’re a tangled web of emotions inside. That being said, here are 5 things you can do to maneuver your way through her minefield of emotions:
1) Engage her Pregnancy as if You Were Pregnant
- Do read a book about becoming a new father and child birth.
- Do clean the house on occasion.
- Do make sure she’s taking time out for herself.
- Do help her write the birth plan, because you care.
- Do take a prenatal yoga class with her (and look cool and hip at the same time, as you rock a “REAL DADS DO YOGA” tee by Maman Jolie) She will love that you’re feeling the flow and Going with your Glow, right along with her.
- Do stock up on diapers the next time you hit the store for a case of beer (Dads, this purchasing pattern has been followed for many years, and stores even strategically stock diapers at the end of the beer aisle now to make it that much easier for you).
- Do remember that this is your child too and your opinion is important!
Basically, stay active, present and on the same page with her. She wants you to be engaged even if you both disagree now and again.
Click to Continue Reading & Post a Comment