There are many ways to mix-it-up. Play around and have fun!
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen, sweetened strawberries, thawed
Substitute any frozen, fresh berries or fruit depending on what you’re craving. For fresh berries or fruit just add sugar (to taste) to give them that sweet to contrast with the sour.
- 1 cup lime concentrate
For a healthier option substitute lime concentrate for fresh squeezed limes. You can get a bundle pretty inexpensively and squeezing limes is a great little workout.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 bottle (20 oz) lemon-lime soda
If you’re worried about avoiding high fructose corn syrup and additives try substituting the soda with chilled sparkling water + fresh 100% pomegranate juice
- 3 cups of crushed ice or small cubes
Blend it up or serve it on the rocks, the choice is yours!
- Twist of orange, lemon or lime
Lemon and lime can give you heartburn sometimes, so you can always use a twist of lime to tickle your palate and enhance the sweetness of the drink.
- Fresh strawberries and oranges for garnish (optional)
- Powdered Sugar (optional)
Who needs salt? How about a yummy sugar rimmed glass. Don’t forget to use your citrus to rim the glass prior to dipping in sugar.